Way back in September, P.S. Annie nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and with apologies to her, I am only now posting about it! I’m sorry it’s taken so long, but better late than never!!!
The Sunshine Blogger Award recognizes bloggers who are positive and creatively inspiring. Thank you for thinking of me!!
*Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
*Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
*Nominate eleven other bloggers, adding their links and asking them eleven new questions.
*Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Here are Annie’s questions and my answers!
1. For the ladies: Are you a girly-girl or a tomboy?
I’m really neither. I hate to dress-up, don’t wear make-up or fix my hair. But I don’t like sports or anything tomboyish either.
2. How did your parents choose your name? Do you like it?
I don’t know how my parents chose my name. I liked it alright but in 1996 I legally changed it to what it is now. I had made a significant change in my life and I wanted my name to reflect that change.
3. What was your favorite subject in high school?
Art, but my father said I couldn’t make a career in art so that was out. My second favorite was English.
4. What do you do to pass the time while you’re waiting? (At the school, doctor’s office, etc.)
I carry a book (a real book, not an e-reader) everywhere I go so I read.
5. Do you live in the city or the country? Which do you prefer?
I live in the suburbs. I would like to try big city living if I had a cool loft in an ex-industrial space, but I would prefer living in the country with lots of room to be alone with nature.
6. What was your most memorable meal?
Every Thanksgiving is my most memorable meal. I love how we always have the traditional favorites – some foods are only cooked for that one meal for the whole year. Love Thanksgiving more than any other holiday.
7. What was your happiest moment this week?
It always Friday at 5:30 pm. I have two days free of work obligations and I love it.
8. Do you have the job that is your life’s passion? If not, what is that passion and what is keeping you from doing it?
No, I hate what I do. I’m very appreciative of the job but I hate it. My passion is art and creating it. Not wanting to be homeless and hungry prevents me from quitting and going into art full time.
9. What types/genre of books do you like to read? Do you prefer to read via e-reader or a real book?
A real book, always and forever. I prefer youth or young adult fiction. I read mainly adventure and mystery novels.
10. What is the most interesting story that you know from your family’s history?
My grandfather liked to tell about his dad, Grandpa Jones, who would plow the fields in his long underwear (behind a hand-held plow pulled by a mule) and in the hot Mississippi sun he would sweat so much that the long underwear would become soaked. The wind would feel cooler as it blew. He also told that they would only go to town once a month because even though they only lived 8 miles outside of Ethel, Mississippi, because it would take two days to get there in a wagon pulled by an ox.
11. If you woke up with a million dollars in your hands tomorrow, what would you do?
Pay off my debts. Pay off my mom’s debts. Pay off my sister’s debts. If I had any money left over then give some to local shelters and rescue organizations and set the rest aside so I can actually retire before I’m dead.
The next thing I’m supposed to do is nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions. Knowing how busy I am and how busy other bloggers are and how wonderful you all are, I don’t like to pick and choose, so consider yourselves nominated! And, I’m going to grab Annie’s questions ask you to answer them if you want.
Thanks again, P.S. Annie!